I’m so excited to announce my first-ever sewing challenge today – the Sirena Summer Tote Sewing Challenge!
My Sirena fabric collection with Art Gallery Fabrics is bright, summery, tropical, and perfect for making all sorts of bags for summer adventures. (I made the tote in the image above!)
Whether you’re a beginning sewist or you’ve been sewing for decades, I hope you’ll have so much fun joining in this challenge.
The official challenge will take place on Pinterest, but I encourage you to also share your images on Instagram, Facebook, your blogs, and anywhere else online that you’d like to show off your creations, of course. :)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Choose your ideal summer tote that you’d like to make. You can use a pattern or create something on the fly, whatever suits your sewing style. The sky is the limit on what type of bag to make – as long as it can carry things around, it will count! Travel bags, duffles, totes, backpacks, grocery bags, beach bags, etc. All are fair game.
- Purchase fabric from my Sirena fabric collection. Your local quilt shop may carry it (if they don’t, ask them to order it!), and you can purchase it online at places like Hawthorne Threads, Fat Quarter Shop, and Fabric Worm.
- Sew your tote anytime between now and July 31, 2018.
- Once your tote is finished, take a photo of it and upload it to Pinterest. Make sure to use the following hashtags so I can find your image and add it to the Sirena Summer Tote Sewing Challenge pin board: #mysummertote, #agfsirena, and #sirenafabrics
- Tell your friends and community to head over and comment on your image (one comment = one vote)!
- Viewers and participants will be encouraged to like their favorite totes from August 1-5, 2018, once the challenge has officially ended, and then on Monday August 6, 2018 I’ll announce the winner of the challenge. The winner will be the creator of the tote bag that receives the most likes on Pinterest.
- The winner will receive a half-yard bundle of their choice of 16 fabrics from my Sirena and Tallinn fabric collections, along with a few other amazing sewing-inspired surprise goodies.
And that’s it!
If you have any questions, please send me an email.
I can’t wait to see all the amazing totes you’re going to make!