Registration for Pattern Camp, my online pattern design course, is OPEN today!
I took a break from running the course this fall because of the birth of sweet baby Coen (he’s already 11 1/2 weeks old now, omg!), and I’m exciting to get back to pattern making – and to teaching people like you how to create your own stunning patterns – in January.
Full course details are on the Pattern Camp website.
But in a nutshell, here’s what Pattern Camp is all about:
WHAT: Pattern Camp is a virtual, online 2-day, weekend-long pattern design workshop, created and taught by me, Jessica Swift. Participants will leave the workshop with the confidence and skills to create their own beautiful repeat patterns using both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. It’s pattern design boot camp! (Except fun, and no one will yell at you, promise.)
WHEN: Saturday + Sunday, January 30-31, 2016.
**Registration opens Thursday December 10th!
WHERE: in a private classroom area of the Pattern Camp website
PRICE: $239 USD
And for the next 3 days only, through December 12th, you can use the following discount code FOR $30 OFF registration: JANUARYCAMPHEREICOME
If you dream of learning how to make repeat patterns but are unsure of where and how to begin, this course is for you. Throughout the 2-day online workshop you will learn to design repeat patterns in both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Videos, tutorials, written posts, and live Q+A’s will guide you through the tools, techniques, and tricks to get you quickly on your way to proficiency in the programs + creating your own beautiful patterns.
If a YES resonates within you for any or all of the following:
- 2016 is going to be THE year that you make your pattern design dreams happen. (Now’s your chance to cross that goal off the list early in the year!)
- You dream of creating your own patterned products. (Hello, fabric and gift wrap printed through Spoonflower! Hello, greeting cards, gift wrap, or stationery to sell in your Etsy shop!)
- You like the idea of a jam-packed, intensive, weekend-long workshop, at the end of which you’ll know several different techniques for creating your own repeat patterns
- You stare (confusedly) at patterns and try to figure out how in the world it repeats seamlessly
- You feel like pattern design is your calling, but you don’t know where or how to begin
- You feel a pang in your stomach when you see beautiful patterned products in the world and wish you could figure out how to take the first step toward creating art like that
- You want to start learning how to use Illustrator or Photoshop (or just how to use it better!)
- You want to develop your own unique pattern design style
- You wish someone would down with you and walk you through the pattern design process step by step
- You already know how to design patterns, but you want to pick up some fresh tips and tricks from a professional designer
- You want to connect with other like-minded creative souls in a supportive and private setting
Then it’s time to sign up!
- You’ll learn how to create straight repeats, half-drop repeats, and brick repeats in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You’ll learn how to create a color palette and how to edit the colors in your patterns.
- You’ll learn what makes up a pattern collection.
- You’ll learn tips and tricks for making your designing efficient and precise in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You’ll get a chance to watch video interviews with some of today’s leading artists/designers – people like Lisa Congdon, Sarah Watts, Carolyn Gavin, and more. Plus I’ve interviewed my licensing agent, Jennifer Nelson, who offers tips on effectively using your new skills and on entering the marketplace as a working artist.
Investing in Pattern Camp, completing all the lessons in the course, and then practicing consistently will lead you to mastering all the skills you need to begin creating your own unique portfolio of pattern designs.
There are many more details, answers to FAQs, words from Pattern Campers about how much they loved the course and blog posts filled with patterns that they’ve made (some of them never having touched Illustrator or Photoshop before!), and much more over on the Pattern Camp website. Check it out!
I hope to see you in class and start 2016 off creatively with you!