Campfire is a private membership community for creative souls, created and led by me, Jessica Swift. It’s for anyone who wants to connect with like-minded creative people from around the world and be part of a supportive and encouraging group of fellow creatives. If you’re looking for real, honest conversations + real answers to questions / challenges / creative blocks, motivation, support, accountability, encouragement, inspiration, and to take your art-making skills to the next level, Campfire is for you.
Campfire is about: Inspiration. REAL conversation. Connection. Sharing information. Art-making. Technology. Not being perfect. Asking questions (and getting real answers!). Sharing stories.Stretching ourselves. Vulnerability. Diving into the unknown. Saying YES.
It’s a virtual campfire where I hope you’ll love to gather and share wisdom and ask questions and BE together. It’s a wonderful gathering place to share stories and to grow as a creative being.
New content is delivered weekly straight into your inbox.
In Campfire 2019 we will focus on personal connection. Motivation. Story-sharing. Unblocking. Accountability. Plan building. Doing.
This year we will interact more and spend more time together, because live communication is truly the best part of Campfire. When creative women come together, magic happens. Ideas are born. Inspiration abounds. I’ve seen it over and over again each month in our live chats the past 2 years that I’ve been running Campfire, and this year I think we need more magic.
Each quarter we’ll be focusing on a different aspect of creating the creative careers of our dreams. There will be less technical teaching (for example, no more Illustrator/Photoshop tutorials) and more conversation, both live and in our Facebook group. More worksheets and big questions to answer before coming together. More dreaming and scheming. Together.
The private Campfire Facebook group is an important component of Campfire and is where a lot of conversation happens. It’s also where I’ll post reminders about upcoming chats, work days, and signing up for a focus session, among other things.
As a member you’ll also have access to the entire Campfire archive, which is full of 2 years’ worth of video interviews, tutorials, Campfire chat videos, monthly challenges, articles, recorded live chats, and more.
Each month will include:
- A weekly email each Monday
- A weekly interactive/printable PDF worksheet with questions/topics to journal about and to help guide you through the quarterly topic
- Weekly art-making challenge themes
- a live ‘Focus Session’ (where you’ll have the chance to let our group focus and you and your creative career, live)
- A written Q+A post with one of our very own Campfire members (we fondly call ourselves Fireflies!)
Each quarter will include:
- a live chat with a special guest (past Campfire chat/interview guests have included: Lisa Congdon, Sarah Watts, Bonnie Christine, Naomi Dunford, Leah Duncan, Jenn Lee, Ohn Mar Win, Kelly Rae Roberts, creative directors, art directors, and more, just to give you an idea of who might join us!)
- a special live virtual work day together! From 8am-4pm PST one day each quarter we’ll gather together to motivate each other, work on our own projects, talk, and get big things accomplished. I’m very excited for this aspect of Campfire this year!
All chats are recorded and posted in the Facebook group and also in the Campfire archive, so if you can’t make a live chat you can always watch it later on. :)
Check out the schedule of what’s to come in 2019 right here!
Check out the FAQ if you have questions about whether or not Campfire is right for you.
Ready to say YES to investing in your creative self?
Sign up and join us!
The registration period for 2019 will be open December 29, 2018 – January 11, 2019. (This will be the only time to join Campfire for the entire year!)
Here are some Campfire-y goodies that I made just for you, whether you join us or not – this is just a fraction of the type of stuff that you can look forward to each month in Campfire.
Everything below is downloadable and yours to keep – they are my gift to you!
Hope you’ll decide to join us around the Campfire.
Desktop wallpaper / Click here to download.
Licensing 101 10-page PDF / Click here to download
An interview bite with my good friend Kari Chapin, one of the most inspiring and motivational people I know.